As a provider of health and community care, Accept Care is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. Be assured that we are acting strictly in line with the advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and other regulatory bodies.
Accept Care will continue to provide the same level of high-quality services during this time, with the health and wellbeing of our people, staff and communities being our main priority.
Please check this page regularly for updates. We also encourage you to keep up to date with the latest health advice and restrictions by visiting South Australia‘s official COVID-19 response webpage. This page is a trusted source of all COVID-19 information relevant for South Australians.
For further information, check out the list of common questions on this site.
The Australian Government has released a Fact Sheet on COVID-19 for older Australians – click here to download.
What we are doing
Accept Care is regularly monitoring the latest information and advice about the virus from the Australian Government Department of Health. We are regularly communicating about this with all our team members.
Our greatest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff during this time. Our Care coordinators are available 24/7 to answer any questions or discuss anything with you.
Our COVID-19 protocols
- Accept Care management team meets weekly to discuss the current situation and any updates to advice or restrictions.
- Regular communications with staff on any updates to advice, restrictions or requirements and reinforcing the importance of social distancing, proper hygiene and screening protocols.
- Screening of all staff – all staff are screened and asked to answer a series of questions before commencing work as per government guidelines.
- Screening of all customers – all our customers are asked to answer a series of questions prior to our support workers entering their home, as per government guidelines. This step is in place to ensure the health and safety of both our customers and our staff.
- Our staff have access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, sanitiser, disinfectant and other items.
- All our staff have undergone Department of Health COVID-19 Infection Control training.
What do we need our Customers to do
- Let us know if you might be unwell and we can reschedule your services.
- Please practice good hand washing and personal hygiene.
- Advise us as soon as possible of any changes to regular Services.
- Contact our Coordinators as soon as possible if you are feeling unwell, if you have been overseas in the past four weeks or in contact with someone with COVID-19 or suspected COVID-19.
- Observe all the rules and notifications shared by the Australian Government.
We encourage everyone to download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app. Please click here for further information and instructions on how to do this.
Taking care of your mental health
During this time, it is more important than ever to look after your mental health and wellbeing.
The Department of Health has set up an Older Person’s COVID-19 support line, to provide information and support for older Australians. Please call 1800 171 866 if you:
- Would like to talk to someone about how COVID-19 is impacting on you or a loved one
- Are feeling lonely or upset
- Are caring for someone and are concerned about what COVID-19 means for you
- Are unable to access the internet and would like to receive up to date advice.
It is important to…
- Stay connected — keep in touch by phone, social media, or video calls
- Keep moving — exercise to relieve stress
- Stick to a routine — keep regular sleeping and eating patterns
- Switch off — take a break from the news if it feels overwhelming
- Reach out — to your support network or ask for professional help
- The Australian Government Department of Health website
- South Australia’s official COVID-19 response webpage
- SA Health Coronavirus page
- Smart Traveller
- Health Direct COVID-19 symptoms checker
- Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service
- National Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
- Health Direct: 1800 022 222
During these unusual times, you may have more questions than normal about your service. We are here to support you. Accept Care will continue to deliver your services, with the health and safety of you and our staff being of paramount importance. If you have any questions, feedback or just want to discuss any aspect of your service, our Coordinators are available on 08 8251 5186 any time of the day or night. You are also welcome to email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.